Deportation is law regarding illegal immigrants

2014-02-02T00:00:00Z Deportation is law regarding illegal immigrants
February 02, 2014 12:00 am

Congress makes laws. The president enforces them. President Barack Obama is negligent in his constitutional duties.

More than 4 million children born in the United States are born to people living here illegally. Amendment 14 of the U.S. Constitution provides citizenship to anyone born in the United States.

Having a baby in the United States doesn't entitle illegal immigrants the right to remain in here. Nor does the U.S. Constitution allow children born outside of the U.S., but raised in the U.S., to remain in the U.S.

The parents, as the legal guardian, can and should be deported with their child. As an adult that child born in the US can return to the U.S. a citizen.

Immigration laws require all illegal aliens to be deported. Schools and hospitals know who these illegal aliens are and by law be required to report all illegal aliens for deportation.

Amnesty is not a solution. The 14th Amendment needs to be amended.

- Barry L. Emigh, Merrillville

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Who do you support for Porter County commissioner?

View Results