Are today's history students aware of the distinguished African-American congressmen of the late 19th century? Probably not, since those pioneering politicians were all Republicans.
Are students taught that:
- "Progressive" Democrat Woodrow Wilson demoted and segregated blacks in his government, while promoting the KKK film "Birth of a Nation"?
- The major Civil Rights-era racists — Orval Faubus, Bull Connor (who ordered the fire hoses and attack dogs) and George Wallace — were all Democrats?
- Republican President Eisenhower began the push for civil rights legislation?
- The main opponents of Lyndon Johnson's civil rights bill were Democrats (including Sen. Al Gore Sr.)?
- Iconic Democratic Sen. Robert Byrd was a former KKK member?
And while bigotry has not been confined to Democrats, they've cleverly rewritten their sordid racial history and now use massive welfare programs to control minority voters.
Does America's leftist academia allow these lessons to be taught? Just wondering.
- Larry Rapchak, Whiting