In response to Doug Jordan's Sept. 18 letter, I would like to point out several more accomplishments of President Barack Obama:
- First president to have nation's credit rating lowered.
- Perceived weak by foreign governments, creating unrest in the Middle East.
- Health care now officially a tax increase.
- Solyndra bankrupt after $525 million in stimulus money.
- GM, after bailout, planning $10 billion in foreign investments including $7 billion in China. (Ask stockholders what they think of the bailout.)
- $5.3 trillion in new debt in 3.5 years (George W. Bush created $5.7 trillion in eight years.)
- 47 million on food stamps (1 in 6).
- Wall Street back to business as usual despite new rules.
- A bigger share of our economy controlled by the government.
I could go on and on, but I won't. I will vote Republican.
- Dave Bashore, Valparaiso