Here's my advice to Visclosky on federal budget

2013-03-17T00:00:00Z Here's my advice to Visclosky on federal budget
March 17, 2013 12:00 am

Note to U.S. Rep. Pete Visclosky on balancing the federal budget:

• Return the constitutional power to create money to the federal government, instead of the private Federal Reserve and Wall Street banking cartel. The federal government can then create trillions of dollars of non-inflationary, debt-free money to put Americans to work.

• Slash the $1 trillion-plus annual military spending.

• Tear up the free trade agreements of Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Obama and with them the World Bank, International Monetary Fund and World Trade Organization.

• For 45 years (1935-1980) the wealthiest Americans had an income tax rate of 90 percent or more on their surplus income. Bring it back.

Then prosecute:

• War criminals from the previous administration.

• Wall Street banksters who made trillions by defrauding the American public.

• Obama himself for his own war crimes and failure in the last four years to enforce the rule of law.

- Nick Egnatz, Munster

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Who do you support for Porter County commissioner?

View Results