This is my third and hopefully the last comment on the proposed Lake County income tax.
Here is my personal knowledge of my living income:
Total income $1,500 more or less, probably less.
Medical insurance premiums:
- Part "B" taken from Social Security Check before receiving check: $104.00 per month.
- Part "B" supplemental insurance: $180.16 per month.
- Prescription insurance: $33.90 per month.
- Dental insurance: $170.73 quarterly.
Total medical insurance is $4,499.64. These premiums go up every year and never down.
House insurance and car insurance premiums are $500 to $600 each per year. There goes another $1,000 to $1,200 out of my wallet.
Next we have NIPSCO, phone company, water bill and on and on.
I also note that as of July, I will be a two-year survivor of breast cancer. Now you can understand that I can never be without insurance.
Lake County politicians want to take away money from me, but there's not much left, as you can see.
- Carol Jean Hall, Crown Point