I don't have much income left for Lake to tax

2013-05-10T00:00:00Z I don't have much income left for Lake to tax nwitimes.com
May 10, 2013 12:00 am

This is my third and hopefully the last comment on the proposed Lake County income tax.

Here is my personal knowledge of my living income:

Total income $1,500 more or less, probably less.

Medical insurance premiums:

  • Part "B" taken from Social Security Check before receiving check: $104.00 per month.
  • Part "B" supplemental insurance: $180.16 per month.
  • Prescription insurance: $33.90 per month.
  • Dental insurance: $170.73 quarterly.

Total medical insurance is $4,499.64. These premiums go up every year and never down.

House insurance and car insurance premiums are $500 to $600 each per year. There goes another $1,000 to $1,200 out of my wallet.

Next we have NIPSCO, phone company, water bill and on and on.

I also note that as of July, I will be a two-year survivor of breast cancer. Now you can understand that I can never be without insurance.

Lake County politicians want to take away money from me, but there's not much left, as you can see.

- Carol Jean Hall, Crown Point

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Who do you support for Porter County commissioner?

View Results