If Biggs loses, he should resign from County Council

2012-05-04T00:00:00Z If Biggs loses, he should resign from County Council nwitimes.com
May 04, 2012 12:00 am

I met with Jim Biggs a few weeks after he took office as our newly elected Porter County Council member to update him on Chesterton's plans for the Ind. 49 utility corridor project. He spoke highly of Commissioner John Evans and John's willingness to consider the project with Chesterton. Biggs said he had no desire to be a county commissioner again, and that he was content to serve on the County Council. Turns out that was not the truth.

If Biggs is unsuccessful in his quest to convince voters that he now desires to be a county commissioner, he should resign from his County Council position. He obviously didn't want the job to begin with. Biggs should make room for someone who wants to serve our citizens in a positive and productive way.

Please join me on Tuesday in voting for Evans and Mike Heinold for county commissioner.

- Jeff Trout, Chesterton

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Slow Flushing Toilet or Drain?

Still waters run deep…. And these waters, are not what you wan…

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Who do you support for Porter County commissioner?

View Results