If you know anything, please contact police

2013-08-06T00:00:00Z If you know anything, please contact police nwitimes.com
August 06, 2013 12:00 am

My family was involved in an automobile accident, which was reported in The Times on July 22-23.

It occurred at the intersection of U.S. 20 and (Porter/LaPorte) County Line Road near Michigan City on July 21. The driver responsible for the accident left the scene.

The driver was described as a Caucasian female in a small silver or white car. My husband's truck was an older vehicle, and we did not have collision coverage on it.

Under Indiana law, one cannot collect on uninsured motorist coverage if the responsible driver is not positively identified. This means we will more than likely be responsible for medical bills in excess of our policy's coverage.

We have four children, and my husband was recently seeking employment. He can't buy another vehicle without a job, and he can't take a job if he has no vehicle.

If anyone knows anything about the identity of the other driver or was a witness and had not previously come forward, please contact the LaPorte County police.

- Barbara McGee, LaCrosse

Copyright 2014 nwitimes.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Who do you support for Porter County commissioner?

View Results