Man should have say in response to pregnancy

2014-03-12T00:00:00Z Man should have say in response to pregnancy
March 12, 2014 12:00 am

In 1973, the U.S. Supreme Court only took into account a woman's choice. The Legislature has failed to recognize sex as a "contract of mutual consent, or agreement, with the assumption of risk." By contract both share the decision of an abortion.

A man doesn't have the right to keep, or abort, a child, but can be held financially responsible for child support.

Amendment 14 of the U.S. Constitution states, "No state shall deny any person the equal protection of the law." Men have been denied equal protection of the law. A woman should by contract of mutual consent inform the man of her pregnancy to have an abortion with his consent, or have the baby. Otherwise, the man can't be held financially responsible without an equal say.

They mutually consented to sex with the assumption of risk and should by mutual consent agree to an abortion or child support, which can be dealt with quickly and simply in a judicious manner in a small claims court, where both persons have an equal say.

- Barry Emigh, Merrillville

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



How must waste is there in Lake County government's budget?

View Results