President Barack Obama, to borrow $2+ trillion from China in 2011, sequestered (set aside) the tax cuts Congress wanted until Jan. 1, 2013.
Now Congress gave him an additional $800+ billion tax increase, plus the 2 percent payroll tax Obama gave us to help stimulate the economy (fiscal cliff). Still no spending cuts. He put off again the spending cuts until March 1, 2013.
Now because of the sequestered tax cuts, Obama and the Democrats want more tax money from all of us.
He claims now that this sequestration will cause:
- Teachers to be furloughed
- First responders furloughed
- National Parks closed
- Air traffic controllers laid off
- Border Patrol offices reduced.
- National defense weakened.
These statements do not agree with the oath he took to uphold the Constitution, which states it is to:
- Provide for our defense
- Promote domestic tranquility (peacefulness)
- Promote the general welfare (our health, happiness and prosperity.
- Richard Tudor, Merrillville