Speaking in Ireland recently, President Barack Obama stated Catholic and Protestant schools were divisive.
There were several notable omissions from his speech:
- He didn't mention Islamic schools as being divisive or an obstacle to peace.
- He didn't mention that children educated in Catholic and Protestant schools far outperform failing children educated in public schools.
- He didn't mention that Catholic and Protestant schools educate their students at about one-third the cost to taxpayers.
- He didn't mention his oath to protect the Constitution and the rights of faith-based Americans.
This brings to mind an Irish saying:
"May those who love us love us
"And those that don't love us,
"May God turn their hearts,
"And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
"May He turn their ankles,
"So we'll know them by their limp."
That limp seems to be getting worse and worse!
- Joan Marinello, Valparaiso