Offenders need more service opportunities

2014-03-07T00:00:00Z Offenders need more service opportunities
March 07, 2014 12:00 am

Calling all not-for-profit organizations and community service providers in Porter County. The courts and P.A.C.T. (Prisoners and Community Service Together) need job sites to send nonviolent offenders who have been ordered to perform community service, in lieu of incarceration.

There is a shortage of manual labor and sedentary jobs in need of community service workers.

Do you have an upcoming event or festival which is in need of setup workers? Are you in need for 10 to 20 good citizens who may have made an ill-chosen mistake but seek to regain self-esteem and a feeling of achievement?

If so, call P.A.C.T. at (219) 510-6415.

Of course you may perform background checks upon assigned workers to fulfill your obligation of due diligence.

Is your church property littered with refuse? Need snow shoveled from your nonprofit's parking lot? I hope Porter County citizens will take advantage of this opportunity and call PACT today.

- Porter Superior Court 4 Judge David Chidester

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Should the Indiana attorney general's office compel all Lake County municipalities to merge E-911 dispatch services?

View Results