Stop complaining, lest investors turn elsewhere

2014-01-15T00:00:00Z Stop complaining, lest investors turn elsewhere
January 15, 2014 12:00 am

It's difficult to understand where some folks are coming from when they constantly show contempt for the wealthy.

I am 98, and my wife is 93. We were married on June 1, 1940, and since 1987 have been solely dependent on Social Security benefits.

One should understand the millions of jobs created by those who invest dollars in industry and businesses. So kindly shut your mouth, as they might outsource their money into China, for instance, and those of you who constantly cackle negatively might have to learn how to pull a rickshaw.

In fact, if I were president, I would pressure Congress to give the rich the same breaks we receive. If one does not like it, then purchase a one-way flight to some distant island where you can establish your own type of government where you can rule the monkeys. Then you can rule your constituents as your equal.

The one wish to all citizens besides good health is to develop some common sense.

- Joseph A. Furman, Cedar Lake

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Who do you support for the U.S. House of Representatives in District 1?

View Results