Support opposition to same-sex marriages

2014-01-24T00:00:00Z Support opposition to same-sex marriages
January 24, 2014 12:00 am

Please consider taking time to promote HJR-3, the Indiana Marriage Protection Amendment. Our freedoms, especially those of our children, are being threatened and, in some instances, even denied.

To opponents of the amendment: You have every right to voice opposition. Instead, why not focus on gaining rights equivalent to marriage instead of attempting to redefine it?

Innately, we know there is right and wrong — the reason parents correct children heading in errant directions. Intuitively, we know the male and female bodies function differently. The definition of marriage is the complementary union of one man, one woman (procreation). At its most basic level, same-sex unions are not complementary unions.

In states where same-sex unions are now legal, threats to freedom of speech and liberty are real consequences. The individuals who live in that state and were opposed to its legalization are now forced to accept it.

I promote HJR-3.

- Margret Brenn, Chesterton

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Who do you support for the U.S. House of Representatives in District 1?

View Results