The misinformation about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) in is astounding.
I’m a healthy 64-year-old who just went through some normal “aging” medical issues. The cost of office visits, lab tests, X-rays, injections, therapy and chiropractor totaled $17,500. For those of you stating you’ll just “pay the fine,” good luck with that.
Here are some facts on the ACA, which has been in effect since 2010:
- Requires free coverage of preventive services – annual checkups, mammograms, pediatrician visits, immunizations, building healthy lifestyles, etc.
- Extends coverage for dependents up to age 26.
- Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage due to pre-existing conditions.
- Eliminates lifetime limits on insurance coverage.
- Requires all insurance companies to spend at least 80 percent of premiums on health care.
- Ends discrimination where some insurance companies routinely charged women 50 percent more than men.
Turn off Fox News!
- Betsy Hunt, Schererville