I recently saw a poster that demonstrated how serious our U.S. debt ceiling really is and brought into a perspective that we all should be able understand.
- U.S. tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000.
- Federal budget: $3,820,000,000,000.
- New debt: $1,650,000,000,000.
- National debt: $16,548,000,000,000.
- Recent budget cuts: $38,500,000,000.
Let’s remove eight zeros and pretend it’s our household budget:
- Family annual income: $21,700
- Money family spent annually: $38,200
- New debt on credit cards: $16,500.
- Credit card outstanding balance: $165,480.
- Budget cuts: $38.50.
Would any logical person allow this to happen to their household? Then why would you allow Democrats in Washington to do this to our country?
The numbers don’t lie, but politicians do.
- Gary D. Scott, Cedar Lake