Vote out Visclosky, who supported Obamacare

2012-10-31T00:00:00Z Vote out Visclosky, who supported Obamacare
October 31, 2012 12:00 am

Each and every politician who voted for Obamacare deserves to be voted out in November.

Nowhere does the Constitution grant Congress the right to compel citizens to purchase any specific commodity.

The individual mandate was sold to us as anything except a tax, yet a tax is precisely what Chief Justice Roberts called it in the Supreme Court decision. The entire bill is thus a revenues bill, which by definition should have originated in the House of Representatives, not the Senate.

The bill was passed by invalid, fraudulent procedures, and every politician who supported the bill supported lying to the American public.

Vote no to Obamacare this November by voting no to Pete Visclosky, our representative who voted to pass this disastrous piece of legislation.

Joel Phelps is dedicated to repealing and replacing this debacle, and he deserves the support of every freedom-loving American.

- Karen Anton, Crown Point

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Times

Latest Local Offers

Featured Businesses

Submit a Letter to Editor

We welcome letters from readers on any issue of public interest, and make every effort to publish as many as we can and in a timely manner. The Times will publish only one letter a month from a writer, and be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number for verification. Letters should be 150 words or less. They will be edited.

Letters may be submitted:
  • Via our submission form.
  • Via e-mail.
  • Via fax: (219) 933-3249 or (219) 465-7298
  • Via mail or by hand to our offices:
    • 601 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321
    • 2080 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307
    • 1111 Glendale Blvd., Valparaiso, IN 46383
    • 3410 Delta Dr., Portage, IN 46368
    • Please mark envelopes with "Attn: Letters"


Email Editorial Page Editor Doug Ross or call (219) 548-4360 or (219) 933-3357



Should Lake County ask the attorney general's office to mediate in the E-911 consolidation dispute?

View Results