As a taxpayer in Valparaiso and Porter County, I am curious why one attorney has clients that represent so many local government entities. From my understanding these entities are and may not be limited to: Valparaiso, Porter County Council, Northwest Indiana Regional Planning Commission, Regional Development Authority, Regional Bus Authority, Porter County Board of Health and Center Township.

What happens when there is a conflict between the various clients?

Is there an open process in which other attorneys may apply to represent these tax-supported agencies? Would such an open process lead to reduced legal costs? Just asking.

- John DeCoster, Valparaiso