CROWN POINT | In observance of Colon Cancer Month, Pinnacle Hospital and Digestive Disease Centers are sponsoring two presentations related to the topic.
Dr. Navin Kumar will speak at 4 p.m. Wednesday and Dr. Harsh Dalal will speak at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the lobby of Pinnacle Hospital, 9301 Connecticut Drive.
Presentations will be followed by question-and-answer sessions. Refreshments will be provided.
Learn about shoulder problems
CALUMET CITY | Dr. Phillip Nigro, an orthopedic surgeon at Advanced Orthopedic Institute at Ingalls, will host a free lunch event to address shoulder pain.
The lunch discussion will take place at noon April 4 at the Ingalls Family Care Center in Calumet City, 1600 167th St.
Reservations are required. Call (800) 221-2199 to reserve a seat and lunch.
Hospital earns reaccreditation
DYER| Franciscan St. Margaret Health hospital in Dyer recently received Chest Pain Center reaccreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
Hospitals that have received accreditation have achieved a higher level of expertise in dealing with patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack.
To earn reaccreditation, the hospital was evaluated for its ability to assess, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
Baby-sitting classes offered
MICHIGAN CITY | Franciscan St. Anthony Health hospital in Michigan City will offer its next Safe Sitter baby-sitting course from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 4.
Participants ages 11 through 14 should meet in the hospital lobby and will be escorted to the classroom in St. Francis Hall, located on the lower level.
The fee is $35. Registration is required by calling (800) 931-3322. The hospital is at 301 W. Homer St.
Wellness programs in April
Porter Regional Hospital will present five free community wellness programs in April.
• Battle of the Blood Sugar, a discussion of healthy blood sugar levels, will take place at 6 p.m. April 4 in the Community Room at Porter Regional Hospital, 85 E. U.S. 6, Liberty Township.
• Eat the Mediterranean Way, a talk about food choices and preparation, will take place at 6 p.m. April 10 at Portage Hospital, 3630 Willowcreek Road, Portage.
• Nutrition 101, a discussion of the parts of a well-balanced diet, will start at 6 p.m. April 17 in the Community Room at Porter Regional Hospital.
• An ear, nose and throat specialist will discuss children's ear, nose and throat ailments at 6 p.m. April 25 at Strongbow Inn, 2405 Morthland Drive, Valparaiso.
• A presentation called When Joint Replacement is the Best Option will take place at 6 p.m. April 30 at Blue Chip Event Center, 777 Blue Chip Drive, Michigan City.
Porter Regional Hospital’s community wellness programs are free, and refreshments will be provided. Advance registration is required. To register, call (800) 541-1861.