In honor of this weekend’s holiday, here are some of our favorite St. Patrick's Day dinners plus an all new dessert!
Crock Pot Corned Beef (My favorite part of this one is the horseradish crust you do at the end, yum.) Coddle (Delicious, though never as good as the Irish Lion's, I'm still trying.) Beer Bread and Brown Soda Bread (A perfect accompaniment to stew any time of the year, but a nice addition to your St. Patrick's Day table for sure.)
This year St. Patrick's Day falls on a Sunday. That's going to give me a little extra time to cook. I'm thinking I might have to whip up these for dessert. They really have nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day other than adding a dash of green to the table but that seems like a darn good excuse to make them. I'll rename them for this weekend:
St. Patrick's Day Grasshopper Brownies
- 1 box of family size fudge brownie mix
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 TB milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 or so drops of green food coloring
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 TB butter
- Bake the brownies in a 9x13 pan according to package directions.
- As they cool, make the mint topping: Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, milk, vanilla & peppermint extracts and food coloring in a bowl using a hand or stand mixer until nice and creamy. Spread over the top of cooled brownies.
- In a small sauce pan melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter together, stirring to combine. Drizzle over the top of the brownies. Store in the fridge at least 30 minutes to chill before serving.