Being a mom. There is nothing that can prepare you for the experience! Having brought up four children on my own, I can honestly say success came through one foundation ... confidence.
Imagine how much more you could achieve, what different decisions you could make with that boost of confidence?
Poor self confidence can affect just about everything in life, from relationships to your overall enjoyment of life itself.
Here are some tips to help you build your confidence:
1. Every time you find yourself revisiting the past and beating yourself up, write it down and let it go, think no more of it, be very honest with yourself and do write down every time. At the end of one week, sit down and look at how much you have been focusing on the past.
2. Give yourself time to look at your values and I mean your values, not what others are telling you to think, not what you have been led to believe but how you really feel and believe. Write them down. Next to each write down, what you are going to do to apply these in your day to day experiences?
3. Model yourself on someone great! This is a fun exercise, which shows you that by changing the way you think and act can have a huge impact on how others see you. So try on the role of someone amazing and have fun with your imagination.
4. Check your body language. They say actions speak louder than words, did you know that 93 percent of all communication is done on a nonverbal level! How you move your body has a huge impact on the impression you make to yourself and others. Walk with your head up; shoulders back ... YOU ARE IMPORTANT! Believe in yourself.
5. Give up worrying. It is scientifically proven, your cells take their signal from your belief system and this is resonated out as frequency. When you worry, you move into low frequency and attract the same frequency back in experiences, so compounding the worry. Focus instead on what you love, your desires, see and feel them as if they are already with you.
Having confidence is the ability to consciously create. Your mind, heart and emotions must be clear of old memories because now...from this moment on...YOU create everything that comes into your experience, there is nothing you cannot be, do or have!
Edel O'Mahony is founder of the Path of the Peaceful Warrior, pathofthepeacefulwarrior.com, Edel's book "21 Steps to Confidence" is now available on Amazon.