With so many e-books, apps and gadgets out on the market today, it's easier than ever to integrate learning into your child's play time. Relying on the right e-books and apps, you can help these early adopting, tech-savvy kids experience reading and fun, interactive learning like never before.
From storybooks to educational games and apps, there are a number of options to choose from, and the countless titles can seem daunting. A creative e-bookstore and mobile platform such as BelugaBloo, that offers an expansive selection of beautifully animated interactive children's e-books, apps and games tailored to children up to age 12, can help you cut through the clutter and make smart selections.
Before making your decision, here are some tips to find the right learning apps for your family:
* Children learn best when they are engaged in the process. Focus on highly interactive apps that encourage kids to actively participate and to discover. Apps that incorporate features like coloring and sound recognition will help your child's learning journey through active participation with the content.
* Remember your purpose. Apps that inspire the imagination and spark kids' interest in learning will pay off greater in the long run than flashy programs that simply pass the time. For example, "Flashcard Beebee" features a fun-loving monkey that helps teach the ABCs with cute and colorful animations for each letter of the alphabet.
* Look for apps that allow you to customize modes to fit your child's education level. Versatile options such as "read to me," "read by myself," "autoplay" and "games" allow you to create a more personalized experience.
* Although your ultimate goal is education, don't forget to make your selections fun. This helps children develop a positive association with learning. Updated versions of classic tales like the "Groovy Story of the Tortoise and the Hare," "The Pig's Day" and "The Three Little Gators" will give your kids a chance to experience well-loved stories with a fun and modern twist.
* Like any other shopping experience, when shopping for apps, shop for value. Apps that do double duty make your investment go further by teaching simultaneous lessons. For example, "The Drip Drops," a series of e-books and interactive games, centers on art, color, reading and creativity while promoting basic problem solving and positive self-esteem. You can also find BelugaBloo titles in a variety of other languages, such as Spanish and Chinese, which also allows children to have fun exploring other languages.
* Seek content that matches your child's personal interests. Use search functions to narrow down titles that focus on topics or activities that will capture his or her attention. "Lullaby Piano," for example, lets music lovers sing and learn how to play some of their favorite nursery rhymes and songs on a digital keyboard.
* Check out the user comments. One of the greatest features of electronic content is the immediate access to user feedback. High marks from other parents make the odds strong that a particular piece of content will appeal to you and your children, as well.
For additional interactive apps, educational titles and more, visit www.belugabloo.com.