Although tree removal is a last resort, there are times where it is necessary. Justin’s Tree Service can help decide whether or not a tree should be removed. We have the skills and equipment to safely and efficiently remove trees. Tree removal is generally recommended if it falls into any of these situations:
Obvious reasons to remove a tree
• The tree is dead
• Declining health—the branches or top of tree is dying back, there are large dead branches, or you notice there is decay on the main trunk.
• Major storm damage—a significant portion of the tree is damaged and the tree is beyond repair.
• Tree is too close to the house or other buildings, utility lines, play structures, pool, etc..
• The tree is leaning towards an obvious target, such as your house, your driveway where you park, your patio, pool, the general area where your children play, etc…
• It’s a nuisance—dropping seeds, sap, branches, and blocking views and light and inhibiting the lawn you want to grow. Here is some great information about growing sustainable lawns
• Roots pose a serious threat to foundations, driveways, sidewalk and underground utilities
• View clearing
• Major landscape renovations which would either damage trees, or because the tree has worn out its welcome and it's time for a more appropriate planting.
Not so obvious reasons to remove a tree
Have an arborist inspect your tree for:
• Structural problems
• Bad crotches
• Cracks to the main trunk or main leaders
• Tree is just too big for the location and poses challenges to safety if it falls or drops branches
• New construction—tree will either be mortally damaged by equipment, or is in the way of construction
• Major diseases or insect infestation that will kill the tree soon, or spread to other trees
• Interior decay
• Leaning in the wrong direction-sometimes obvious, sometimes not so obvious!
• Crowding among trees on your property –prioritize which trees are healthiest and worth keeping
Visit our Website
Follow Us on Facebook!