INDIANAPOLIS | The images of houses under water in New York and New Jersey because of Superstorm Sandy call to mind the thousands of Northwest Indiana homes flooded in 2008 following a major storm.
INDIANAPOLIS | A compromise plan to charge most Lake County residents and businesses a fee for Little Calumet River levee maintenance was approved 9-0 by an Indiana House committee Wednesday.
INDIANAPOLIS | State auditors reported Friday they have "substantial doubt" about Lake Station's "ability to continue as a going concern" due to the city's $1.8 million general fund deficit and the effect of property tax caps limiting future revenue.
INDIANAPOLIS | Northwest Indiana legislators will meet as a delegation again on Wednesday trying to reach an agreement on a funding source for maintenance of Little Calumet River levees.
INDIANAPOLIS | A plan to use region casino funds to pay for maintaining Little Calumet River levees was removed from the proposed state budget Monday.
INDIANAPOLIS | Hammond, Gary and Lake County would have to fork over a share of their casino revenue to pay for maintenance of Little Calumet River levees under an amendment approved Tuesday by the Indiana House.
INDIANAPOLIS | Hammond, Gary and Lake County would lose a portion of their casino tax revenue to pay for maintaining the Little Calumet River levees under legislation filed Thursday in the Indiana House.
INDIANAPOLIS | Spending for two building projects at Purdue University Calumet and for work to complete levees along the Little Calumet River was approved Wednesday by the State Budget Committee.
Follow The Times
FOR 10K-14K-18K PLATINUM Call 924-3555
Call today or visit one of our three locations for details.
You asked for it and here it is: The songs of one of the …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm