I have long said an athlete tearing his or her ACL is much like a death in the family. Certainly not the same, but “much like" in that the athlete and his or her family experience genuine grief — with all its stages.
Basketball certainly is a contact sport — and that's just in the sports section of the newspaper. The verbal jousting of late has been as bad as I've seen — and that's just among members of the same team.
ACL, CTE, HGH, LCL. These letters have dominated sports headlines already this year.
MERRILLVILLE | Victoria Gaines can still describe the play that sidelined her for eight months.
After an off week, Purdue's football team will finish its nonconference schedule by hosting Marshall on Saturday. When the Boilermakers' offense takes the field, will quarterback Robert Marve be in the huddle or still on the sideline?
CHESTERTON | The physical pain was evident in the ice packs strapped to her left knee after tough matches, but it was the mental pain that slowly took over Katie Urycki’s mind last season.
With the NCAA Women's Basketball championship game between Notre Dame and Baylor scheduled for tonight, there is no better time to talk about knee injuries.
Purdue University athletes suffered a rash of anterior cruciate ligament injuries during the 2010-11 school year. The Boilermakers subsequently terminated their strength and conditioning staff, replacing three full-time coaches with nine.
In the short span of just two months, Purdue University has become the hub of the sports medicine universe.
Brittany Stelter couldn't text the words fast enough. She and Purdue senior Robbie Hummel both tore the same ACL twice, she wrote to her high school basketball coach Marc Bruner this weekend.
Follow The Times
Let us take care of the special someone for a few hours.
call 322-2700 or 769-1976
Update your floors and technology by choosing us! Now offering free IPod Shuffle, IPod Nano, or IPad Mini with a qualifying flooring purchase.
Call for details. 219-864-7100. flooringunlimited.net
Does your family have a birthday coming up?
Contact J & J Remodeling today at 219-769-3239 or 219-663-…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm