INDIANAPOLIS | Northwest Indiana counties and communities at risk of losing a significant chunk of their gaming tax revenue can breathe a sigh of relief -- for now.
Indiana lawmakers are up to their elbows in surgery on casino taxes. They must remember as they do so that the reason for allowing casinos in Indiana in the first place was to benefit the host communities.
INDIANAPOLIS | Casino tax revenue paid to Northwest Indiana communities would be cut under legislation amended and approved by the Senate Appropriations Committee on Thursday.
INDIANAPOLIS | State Sen. Earline Rogers, D-Gary, is betting she can make Gary economic development legislation more palatable by rolling her proposal for a land-based casino into another gaming measure moving through the Senate.
Follow The Times
We are always accepting new clients and patients, and our doctor visits are always walk-in (no appointment necessary).
Call today for more details: 219-405-9774
10% Off any landscape project over $2,500.00 (please present c…
Contact J & J Remodeling today at 219-769-3239 or 219-663-…
Hammond Fence represents honesty, integrity and competitive pricing!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm