Before transcontinental flights, planes stopped at Midway Airport to refuel and luminaries such as Katherine Hepburn, John Wayne and President John F. Kennedy were often spotted there.
The 138th Kentucky Derby is ready to capture the attention of the world on May 5th with the traditional promise of what's become known as "the most exciting 2 minutes in sports."
In response to my recent column about getting lost in Long Beach, Donna Kavanagh offered to take me on a tour of the tiny town and suggested we meet at the Holiday Inn just off Interstate 94 in Michigan City.
On the eve of The Great War, Chicago Heights resembled a scene from a spaghetti western: unpaved streets, horses everywhere (only a few autos), men packing guns in their hip pockets, a main drag (Twenty-Second Street) that featured 26 saloons, and a cast of characters whose utterances requir…
Follow The Times
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
We offer free refractive evaluations for patients interested in LASIK or implantable contact lenses.
FREE Wine Tasting* for THE 25TH ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE – Friday, July 12th. Limited tickets available – call today! 219-836-3255
(*Free with the purchase of an adult theatre ticket to WHAT A …
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)23 hours ago
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am