CHESTERTON | On August 14, Duneland LULAC Council #5016 awarded 13 outstanding Hispanic students with LULAC National Scholarships during a banquet held at Sand Creek Country Club.
Alicia Rios grew up in the Harbor, surrounded by Mexicans and native Texans who shared her Hispanic heritage.
Alicia Rios, center foreground, and her husband, Oscar Rios, to her left, both Mexican-American, have lived in Crown Point for 12 years. Before that they lived in Merrillville for 20 years, moving there from East Chicago in 1979. They pose for a portrait with their family and neighbors in Cr…
Alicia Rios poses with her husband, Oscar Rios, at their Crown Point home.
Alicia Rios, right, works at her Lake Station business with her assistant Debbie Gonzalez on Wednesday. Rios is an East Chicago native who was born in Mexico and became a U.S. citizen in 1968. She left East Chicago for Merrillville for a better school system for her children, later moving to…
Follow The Times
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
Visit FranciscanAlliance.org/Omni for more details.
(888) 539-1875 southlakeautomall.com
All Carpet on Sale now 30% to 50% off call (219) 922-6800
Premium Title Group offers real estate, loan closings and titl…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am