INDIANAPOLIS | Military veterans who return or move to Indiana after completing their service are entitled to in-state college tuition under a new law signed last week by Republican Gov. Mike Pence.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Senate passed several House-approved legislative proposals sponsored by Northwest Indiana lawmakers Tuesday that are now headed to Gov. Mike Pence for his signature or veto. They include:
CROWN POINT | St. Clare Health Clinic is seeking donations for its food pantry, which is nearly depleted because of increased demand.
Do you believe in miracles?
Saddened by the progression of Alzheimer's disease that led to placing her mother in a nursing home, Marilyn Warda, of Munster, expressed many of her thoughts and feelings through her writing.
GARY | The Indiana University Northwest Student Alumni Association is recruiting participants to join their team in the upcoming "Walk to End Alzheimer's," scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Sept. 18 at Hidden Lake Park, 6355 Broadway in Merrillville. Registration for the one-mile walk begins at 12:30 p.m.
HAMMOND | The Hammond Public Library is hosting seminars to help people understand Alzheimer's disease.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
Erin Holland (left) and her late grandmother Hannah Knight, both of Highland, are pictured in one of Erin's favorite final photos before her grandmother's decline from Alzheimer's disease.
MERRILLVILLE | Alzheimer's and Dementia Services of Northern Indiana hosts free classes Friday at the Lake County Public Library, 1919 W. 81st Ave.
GARY | Employees of Methodist Hospitals gathered Feb. 14 for a luncheon meeting where CEO Ian McFadden presented awards to the Top 10 fundraisers for the 2010 Heart Walk. In 2010, employees raised close to $30,000.
Previous research has shown that being bilingual can lead to better long-term memory retention, but, according to a new study, learning three languages could translate to an even sharper memory.
Follow The Times
Reg. $4.99ea. Now through 6/30. 219-365-0882 www.alsipnursery.…
Call today for details! 219-763-4247
DeYoung's Design Center
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
This includes a uniform and belt, 2 classes per week, and one …
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am