For the Kent family of Amherst, N.H., getting dressed for the holidays often means lacing up hiking boots or buckling a helmet. For the last 11 years, they have made a tradition of spending many Thanksgivings, Christmases and Easters at a national park doing something active.
Year after year, the glossy food magazines scream that you have to tart up your turkey and pimp out your pumpkin pie. But the truth is, when it comes to Thanksgiving, most of us don't want exciting, new-fangled dishes.
Visalia, Calif. — In Sequoia National Park in California, tall trees beckon one million visitors a year. The tourists come from all over the world to see something exceptional: the largest living things on Earth.
HAMMOND | Through music and dance, Purdue University Calumet is "Celebrating American Culture Forged in Steel" today.
If you aren't a teen or don't have a teenager in your household, surely the satin and chiffon lining the racks of every store have led you to one realization: It's prom season.
Follow The Times
Kovenz Memorial currently offers QR codes for placement on you…
Contact Russell Tree Care today at 219-863-9953. Our specialty…
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
Express Lunch: 11am-2:30pm ~ $9.95! All You Can Eat Buffet: Mon, Wed & Fri. Create Your Own Pasta: Tues & Thurs
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm