Fresh and moist zucchini bread, created by Times Columnist Philip Potempa's mother Peggy, is easy to make, using a simple family recipe by retired farm town teacher Anne Eckert.
Even though last month marked the fifth anniversary since our region's beloved Phil Smidt's restaurant closed, memories of the menu live on with Times readers.
Phil Potempa's weekly farm column recipe.
Philip Potempa's weekly farm recipe column.
Follow The Times
Join our new class Tiny Tigers (children ages 4-7), Mondays an…
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
When you trust your home or business painting needs to Custom …
Serving All North West Indiana.
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm