Art Institute Of Chicago
Art, Poetry Slam, Salsa and Spring Fever wake-up call this weekend at both sides of the Lake and on Sunday, a book-signing, birthday party for John Records Landecker at Bartlett's in Beverly Shores.---Pat Colander, Associate Publisher and Editor, Shore Magazine.
Picasso's "Old Guitarist" hides a past life of a former painting.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
CHICAGO | Gov. Mitch Daniels spoke Tuesday to a group of Illinois Republicans about luring businesses away from Illinois.
Nearly 15 years after his death, fans of pop artist Roy Lichtenstein can take in a comprehensive exhibition at the Art Institute of Chicago that spans his famous cartoons from the 1960s to more muted Asian-inspired works from the 1990s.
When the Chicago design duo Bruce and Stephanie Tharp were selected to create a piece for Newton Vineyard's 2012 Eco-Chic project, the husband and wife pair quickly flew to the Napa Valley winery.
CHICAGO | When you think of the Field Museum, do you think of the 67-million-year-old Sue the T. rex? Do you also think of using a Sue card in an electronic card game against an opponent armed with an enormous-eared leaf-nosed bat?
"Don't be silly, Mom," she said. "Please don't spend $500 for a ticket to THE WALK fundraising dinner. I'm sure I won't get the $25,000 award, just come to the dress rehearsal in the morning." So Charl Petelski and her husband Bob were watching television at home that evening when the phone rang.
I remember when I used to know things; I just don't remember the things I used to know.
Jim Nutt's painted ladies still rate double takes. Take the legless dancing queen in "Toot-Toot Woo-Woo" (1970), one of 70 portraits on display in the maverick's retrospective at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Follow The Times
Please contact us for scheduling or stop by our location in Va…
Lisa Rankin, M.D. will speak on "Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof You Can Heal Yourself" at annual symposium.
NITCO broadband runs on a dedicated line so you will not have …
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
We will beat ANY deal! Visit www.circleautomotive.com for more…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am