CHICAGO | Back when a car was still more of a gee-whiz invention than a household staple, workers hand-built vehicles one at a time by moving down rows of sawhorses and installing parts at each station.
Brent Merritt, plant manager with Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant, gave the media a tour of the facility as the company commemorates the 100th anniversary of Henry Ford's innovation - the assembly line.
Robert Sullivan, CEO & President, Fifth Third Bank (left to right) Times Columnist Philip Potempa and Barry Axler, President, Chicago Rotary in 2011
Robert Sullivan, CEO & President, Fifth Third Bank (left to right), Times Columnist Philip Potempa and Barry Axler, President, Chicago Rotary, prepare care packages to be mailed to U.S. Troops during an event on Nov. 11, 2011, at Chicago's Union Station for Veterans Day 2011.
Follow The Times
- 1 Calls of tiger on the loose in Gary prompt police search
- 2 Historical Blue Top Drive-In returns under new ownership
- 3 2 girls in critical condition, mom hospitalized after Hammond shooting
- 4 Cops: Help ID Highland Best Buy robbery suspect
- 5 Cops investigating Griffith man's death after fight with friends
Sample scrumptious choices from our all-you-can-eat buffet w…
Whether you need plumbing repairs or kitchen and bathroom remo…
Have fun Exploring your creative side ~ Register for your painting experience at Brushes & Bottles Today!
Put the brush in your hands and be inspired by life! Grab some…
Over 20 Years Of Experience
Does the state do enough to cultivate economic growth in Northwest Indiana?