Advice books have ancient origins. The Bible, which has been a bestseller for so long no one even keeps track of the numbers anymore, was full of plenty of good advice like love your neighbor as yourself, some advice that may be considered marginal and inevitably some just plain bad advice.
Even though Bill Atkins doesn't play basketball anymore, his love for sports still runs deep. He sits on his pier and fishes and plays 18 holes on the golf course across from his house, but as long as he is outdoors he is happy. He will enter the Hammond Sports Hall of Fame on March 8.
One of the things the Bill Atkins does in his free time these days is pursue one of his other passions besides basketball - drawing. Atkins usually spends some time in his office drawing cartoons of family members and old high school buddies.
Bill Atkins sits at his kitchen table and looks at some of his old high school photos and thinks about where some of his old high school classmates ended up after high school. Atkins, a 1960 Hammond High grad, will be inducted into the Hammond Sports Hall of Fame on March 8.
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Lawn Doctor’s Pest Control Services Help Eliminate:
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
Not to be applied toward account balances or dental servi…
DeYoung's Design Center
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 3 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am