GARY | October 15, 2012, was officially proclaimed “Gabrielle Douglas Day” in the city of Gary, Indiana by Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson. The Olympic gold-winning gymnast was joined by her mother Natalie Hawkins, grandfather Theodore Hawkins and a host of family and friends at a luncheon hosted…
Students gather outside the venue to get a glimpse and possible photo of Gabrielle Douglas as the Olympic gold medalist visits the Indiana University Northwest campus on Monday.
GARY | Olympic gold medalist Gabrielle Douglas greeted Gary high schoolers Monday with words of advice.
GARY | Doing good deeds may be reward in itself, but on Wednesday students from two public high schools also received cash awards for helping the community.
Roosevelt High School students enrolled in the Barden Gary Foundation scholarship program gather around foundation board members and Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson, standing in center, and foundation President Chareice White, seated with presentation check. The group honored Brigette Kelly,…
Follow The Times
customers 62 and over receive 10% off their total purchase! (E…
Before finding your next remodeling contractor, find out what …
Hello Dolly - June 14-16, 21-23, 28-30 Adults $21, Seniors (55+) $18, Military/Students (with valid ID) $18, Contact Box Office for Group Rates.
- The Matchmaker finally meets her Match! 219-948-5137
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am