The mission of the East Chicago Building Department is to abate blighted, vacant and abandoned structures and promote and maintain a safe and desirable living environment, in efforts to improve property values and enhance the quality of life for all residents of the city.
Robert Comer, Hammond | "Bettering the roads and the school system. Beautification projects and tearing down old abandoned buildings."
Portage YMCA childcare worker Elyse Goff pulls weeds Tuesday outside of the facility during. Volunteers from the community and YMCA workers are volunteering their time to beautify the facility's landscaping.
Portage YMCA member Kim Lopez, of Portage, volunteers to pull weeds outside of the facility Tuesday during a beautification day. Volunteers from the community and YMCA workers are volunteering their time to beautify the facility's landscaping.
Follow The Times
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
We offer free refractive evaluations for patients interested in LASIK or implantable contact lenses.
FREE Wine Tasting* for THE 25TH ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE – Friday, July 12th. Limited tickets available – call today! 219-836-3255
(*Free with the purchase of an adult theatre ticket to WHAT A …
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)23 hours ago
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am