I am happy to see some decent coverage of our Northwest Indiana walking and biking trails and hope it continues. I have talked to a few people to get more bike racks to make a trip more convenient and enjoyable to businesses and parks.
Avid bicyclist Chris Husum can leave his house in Munster and ride out to Chesterton mostly using the region's trail network.
Warm Sunday mornings usually find Bob Huffman riding his bicycle from his Munster home to the Cracker Barrel restaurant in Merrillville, to meet his wife, Chris, for breakfast.
HAMMOND | As the city expands its network of bike trails, three new bridges to span busy intersections are in the works.
SPRINGFIELD | The agency best known for planning and building interstate highways is poised to embark on a plan that could benefit those who get around on two wheels.
Bike trails have grown to become a mini highway system in the region in the past 20 years, but the funding used to build them has some interesting competition.
Paul Jellema has found a way to save money on gas, car maintenance and medical costs — while improving the environment and his health.
Many region families know the sigh of relief experienced upon returning home from a trip or vacation abroad. Vacations outside the area often contain wonderful experiences, but it's never as good as being home. A tighter economy in recent years has meant less disposable income and fewer regi…
Follow The Times
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured business that provides …
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Stop in to our showroom today and save 30%-50%-70% Off during …
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am