VALPARAISO | The Valpo Parks Foundation is hosting the “Celebrating Friends & Legends” reception on May 9 at the Butterfield Pavilion. The casual gathering celebrates the Foundation and Department’s appreciation to those supporters who have made a significant difference in the Valpo Park…
VALPARAISO | Bond was set Friday at $40,000 surety or $5,000 cash for a 19-year-old Portage man accused of inappropriately touching a 15-year-old girl on multiple occasions.
VALPARAISO | A 26-year-old Knox man pleaded guilty Friday to a reduced charge of forgery stemming from allegations he attempted to buy a commercial driver's license.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Court of Appeals rejected requests by a repeat sex offender Tuesday from Portage to overturn his child molesting convictions or reduce his 20-year prison term.
VALPARAISO | After undergoing multiple evaluations, a Valparaiso man was found to be incompetent Friday to stand trial in the Oct. 30, 2009, shooting death of his mother's fiance.
VALPARAISO | Union Township resident Donald Huls can postpone reporting to jail after a judge granted him a delay in his six-month sentence Friday for shooting another man in the foot.
Tuesday's municipal elections aren't even over, but already the focus has been shifting to the 2012 elections.
VALPARAISO | Porter Superior Judge Bill Alexa recently denied a request to toss out a Union Township man's shooting conviction over a comment a prosecutor made during trial.
VALPARAISO | A mistrial was declared in the case of Steven Vincent who was charged with a single felony count of sexual misconduct with a minor.
VALPARAISO | A Valparaiso man was ordered Friday to undergo yet another evaluation to determine whether he is competent to stand trial for the Oct. 30, 2009, shooting death of his mother's fiance.
VALPARAISO | A 22-year-old LaPorte woman pleaded guilty Friday to driving under the influence three years ago and causing a fatal crash on U.S. 6 and County Road 350 East.
Follow The Times
Hammond Fence represents honesty, integrity and competitive pricing!
Stop by Kensington Watch Services today at 146 North Main Stre…
If you mention this ad, you'll receive 20% off!
In a world of ever changing tax laws by our federal, state and…
Need simple help with upkeep but can't find any
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season1 hour ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins3 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm