Fresh and moist zucchini bread, created by Times Columnist Philip Potempa's mother Peggy, is easy to make, using a simple family recipe by retired farm town teacher Anne Eckert.
Even though last month marked the fifth anniversary since our region's beloved Phil Smidt's restaurant closed, memories of the menu live on with Times readers.
Phil Potempa's weekly farm column recipe.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
Even though it was Father's Day weekend, my family was still talking about Mother's Day while gathered at the farm for this day dedicated to dads.
Follow The Times
Kovenz Memorial currently offers QR codes for placement on you…
A fun way to celebrate a special occasion… Each greeting consi…
Winey Insurance is an independent insurance agency established…
at Brad's Designs and Jewelry! 219-663-5801.
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm