The executive director of the newly formed Indiana Charter School Board will visit Northwest Indiana on Tuesday.
A dozen charter schools are operating in Northwest Indiana, with seven in Gary and one in Porter County. Two more are scheduled to open next year -- Heritage Institute of Arts and Technology, which wants to locate in Merrillville, and Gary Middle College.
PORTAGE | A local group has submitted an application to open a charter high school aimed at following the mission of the Portage Adult Education Center.
Follow The Times
Located in Valparaiso, Indiana, Imagine Beads is the place to be!
Need a tree removed? Cover the cost and we will trim other tr…
Winey Insurance is an independent insurance agency established…
Models Open! Tue - Thurs 11am-6pm, Fri 11am-5pm, Sat 10am-5pm. Plus dozens of Ready to Move In homes available.
- 1 Three dead, five wounded in separate Gary shootings
- 2 St. John police search for multiple suspects in alleged home invasion
- 3 E.C. man killed, girlfriend wounded in shooting
- 4 Baseball community loses young 'leader' in Ryan Yates
- 5 Valpo store robbed twice in 10 days; police release surveillance photo
In Today's Paper
Should the new Porter County Council districts take effect in 2014 or after next year's elections?