Playwright Anthony "Joe" Seed is shown in a portrait photo taken just after he returned from the Vietnam War. Seed, who went into military service after graduating from Hobart High School in 1965, is now writing plays, many with themes related to his Vietnam experience.
Anthony "Joe" Seed still remembers the five years he worked as a journalist, including his span as a reporter at The Hammond Times in 1976, and some of the stories published that grabbed the interest of readers.
Visitors at Hobart High School's Brickie Bowl walk the steps down to the field Saturday during BrickieFest 2011.
Roger Mergl, of Portage, a member of Hobart High School's class of 1950, hangs out under the shade of an umbrella while listening to the Wolffgang singers Saturday during BrickieFest 2011 at the Brickie Bowl in Hobart. The fest, sponsored by the Hobart High School Alumni Assocation Inc., the…
Hobart High School alumni mingle Saturday during BrickieFest 2011 at the Brickie Bowl in Hobart.
Follow The Times
Click our coupon to print!
Not to be applied toward account balances or dental servi…
Your plumbing system can operate for decades without much worr…
Call Timeless Images Photography today at 219-934-9028 -- we …
We have many styles to choose from.
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 4 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
- 5 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm