GRIFFITH | In 2008, Griffith began planning a renaissance of its downtown to bolster existing businesses and attract new enterprises.
GRIFFITH | The stretch of Broad Street between Main Street and the Canadian National Railway crossing is in for major improvements.
Bolstering existing businesses and attracting new enterprises remain major focuses for Griffith. So does transforming the downtown into a walkable, "people-oriented" community.
The fiasco with Broad Street torn up for 3 1/2 years, and downtown dismantled completely, businesses losing 40 percent of their business, the Calumet Township issue, the increase in train traffic, should be enough for the Democrats to want their town back.
GRIFFITH | Downtown Broad Street is slated to reopen this week, town officials said.
The Broad Street construction in Griffith has been going on for the past 2 1/2 years. Now Broad Street is completely closed for 45 days from business to business on both sides on the street. Even the sidewalks have been removed with no front entrances to any of the businesses downtown. Every…
Follow The Times
Brown Tire of Portage Inc has been supplying quality Goodyear …
Call The Best Glass, Mirror & Shower Doors for a Free In-h…
If you clicked on this, you probably have a house that you are…
We are not a real estate agency. We are a multi-service compa…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm