The town of Porter, often referred to as "the missing link" of the regional trail system, is positioned to open three connector paths that will link Porter County towns and cities to neighboring counties and neighboring states. These newly minted trails will make Porter more accessible to su…
The Calumet Trail runs parallel to the South Shore Railroad tracks. This section in Porter will be more easily accessed when the Dunes Kankakee Trail is completed.
It has been said that Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore is one of the region’s best kept secrets. Yes, the park gets 2 million visitors a year, but many people do not realize there is a national park here or that the places they love to visit are part of the national park.
With National Trail Day being last Saturday (and with the immaculate weather I certainly hope you enjoyed a trail or two), I would like to focus on a major regional initiative.
PINE TOWNSHIP | Situated at the doorstep to Mount Baldy, natural beauty abounds in rural Pine Township.
PINE TOWNSHIP | A Michigan City woman's pickup truck on Tuesday became the latest broken into at the Calumet Trail recreation site.
THE PINES | When the Porter County Board of Commissioners installed an old-fashion style covered bridge along the Calumet Trail 10 years, they envisioned it as place of respite for those walking, running or biking the trail just north of the South Shore railroad tracks.
By the early 1900s, Chicago was well established as the premier railroad hub for the Midwest. These railroads helped build a majority of our Northwest Indiana municipalities. However, by the 1980s, about half of these railroads were abandoned due to an increased reliance on truck traffic. Se…
Taking advantage of Northwest Indiana's recreational opportunities may be just what the doctor ordered.
Follow The Times
Calhoun Sawmill and Custom Woodworking is a locally owned and …
Contact Russell Tree Care today at 219-863-9953. Our specialty…
Large or small, traditional or unconventional, spiritual or re…
All of our products are durable and time tested!
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins1 hour ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm