Carl Lisek, executive director of South Shore Clean Cities, said Northwest Indiana already is leading the nation in reducing dependence on foreign oil.
MERRILLVILLE | South Shore Clean Cities is among a consortium of alternative-fuel groups from Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin awarded a $764,266 grant aimed at overcoming barriers to expanding alt-fuel vehicles in the Great Lakes.
After Valparaiso resident David Garfin finished whipping a white plug-in hybrid sedan around curves in Northfield, Ill., he wondered what took so long.
Ten local municipalities will be among 13 in the state to receive electric vehicles manufactured in Elkhart this week.
PORTAGE | Home builders and other advocates espoused the advantages of soy-based products and eco-friendly technology Thursday to community leaders during a program at the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore's Portage Lakefront and Riverwalk.
Clean Cities is a U.S. Department of Energy partnership with industry designed to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector. It advances the use of alternative fuels and vehicles, idle reduction technologies, hybrid electric vehicles, fuel blends and fuel economy.
Follow The Times
Not to be applied toward account balances or dental servi…
Contact Richard P. Busse Attorney at Law for a free consultat…
Graduation parties are just around the corner. Call to order today!
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm