“Greed … is good,” declared corrupt out of control investment banker Gordon Gekko in the hit film “Wall Street.” However, The Bible, Shakespeare and other influential sources argue to the contrary.
There was no mention in the Associated Press list of daily sports transactions.
The election defeat of the effort to oust Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin is significant for national politics, in particular the Midwest. Democratic nominee Tom Barrett, Milwaukee's mayor, faced Walker in a replay of their 2010 election contest.
“The military-industrial complex,” was the theme of Dwight D. Eisenhower’s farewell address as he completed two terms in the White House, sustaining remarkably strong public support throughout that tenure. At the time, the speech was largely ignored by reporters and professors, who generally…
Marian Catholic wrestler Nate Jackson could not pass up the opportunity to wrestle in the Big Ten.
The U.S. Supreme Court made news, though not history, on March 2. In an 8-1 decision, the court determined a renegade Baptist "church" can picket military funerals, despite the added suffering imposed on bereaved parents and other mourners.
President Hu Jintao, of China, has been rightly feted in the United States as the leader of a nation of rapidly expanding power and influence. Beijing and Washington now have great global reach. Washington and Chicago have rolled out particularly wide and rich red carpets for our guests.
Arthur I. Cyr is Clausen Distinguished Professor at Carthage College and author of "After the Cold War."
Follow The Times
Stop by Kensington Watch Services today at 146 North Main Stre…
Call today to learn more.
Our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday lif…
Call Secret's Loving Care Adult Day Service @ 219-201-1451
Come see us at Lucky Kat Tat today!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm