NEW YORK | The seven Big East schools that don't play FBS football are considering making a break from the drastically reshaped conference — and how best to go about doing it.
It seems like whenever I see our Catholic leadership in the news, I'm reminded of the distinction St. Augustine made between the City of Man and the City of God.
For decades, Indiana's school-choice programs have helped send Hoosier students to the colleges of their choice and provided school books and bus transportation for children in private schools. Never before have programs like these been challenged on constitutional grounds. Until now.
EAST CHICAGO | St. Mary Catholic School on the city's north side remains closed pending a plan from the church to repair the building's crumbling upper floors.
HOBART | To secure its future, St. Bridget School in Hobart has radically changed its format.
INDIANAPOLIS | Public school districts must continue providing transportation to private school students, but are not obligated to incur extra expense doing so.
HAMMOND | Bishop Noll Institute is adding bus service to serve south-county students.
I read Gabriella Soto's attack against Catholic education in Sunday's letters section. It is not the first and will not be the last.
CHESTERTON | LaPorte County prosecutors may dismiss a misdemeanor battery charge against Lee Ann Cosh, the principal of St. Patrick's School in Chesterton, if she complies with whatever psychiatric treatment is ordered.
CRETE | Two south suburban Catholic schools are consolidating for next school year, and officials decided a new name would give the school a more contemporary identity.
Follow The Times
Call 219 934 0750 for Details.
We have been boarding our 2 dogs at Dutch Pet …
Custom home builder with the ability to build any floor plan in our collection to your lifestyle or work with a plan you might already have and love.
219-405-8018 / www.crusaderhomes.com
Please contact us for scheduling or stop by our location in Va…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am