In his first State of the State address in 2005, Gov. Mitch Daniels announced, “Our state’s public finances are in ruins.” Unaware of the coming recession, he made four promises to citizens: To work to strengthen the economy, make government leaner and more efficient, modernize infrastructur…
Merriam-Webster defines wishful thinking as "the attribution of reality to what one wishes to be true or the tenuous justification of what one wants to believe." It's an apt description for folks clamoring to spend hundreds of millions on a central Indiana mass-transit plan. We can pump in m…
Last week I had an email from Suzan, a frequent writer to me about my columns. I have found her to point out additional things to think about rather than my just criticizing the Republican Party.
Follow The Times
Welcome campers, we have the perfect firewood package deals fo…
Indiana Furniture Showcase 219.465.0545 www.indiana-furniture.com
If you mention this ad, you'll receive 20% off!
Call Jelly Bean the Clown to bring the fun, games, and smiles to your next event in Northwest Indiana
Jelly Bean the Clown has been clowning since 1977 and has an e…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm