HOBART | Hobart Family YMCA is implementing a series of healthy eating and physical activity standards in all of its preschool and after school programs as part of the Y’s nationwide commitment to combat childhood obesity and ensure that all those who participate in YMCA programs live a heal…
Offering perspective on today's issues
Obesity is not just a personal problem but a public health epidemic that affects educational achievement, economic productivity and state budgets, the Center for Evaluation and Education Policy at Indiana University believes.
A new, innovative pediatric weight management program for kids aged 5 to 18 echoes heightening community and nationwide concern over the obesity epidemic in the United States.
Sedentary TV time, huge meal portions and ever-present snacks make it easy for children to lose control of their weight, leading to increased risk of illness, social hardships and decreased overall health.
The Biggest Loser. Jillian Michaels. Huge. Drop Dead Diva. Dance Your A** Off.
About the same time the American Academy of Pediatrics released a statement on childhood obesity earlier this year, First Lady Michelle Obama was kicking off her campaign to fight the same issue. At that same time, Dr. Clark Kramer and nurse practitioner Sarah Kats were noticing that many of…
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
Russell's Tree Care seeks to raise the standard for customer e…
replacing offer: (Robert Balash Trucking & Excavating does…
We understand a lawn isn't just grass – it's an investment. An…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am