INDIANAPOLIS | A forced absorption of the Hammond Public Library by the Lake County library system was removed Wednesday from legislation advancing toward a final vote in the Indiana House.
INDIANAPOLIS | Whiting Mayor Joe Stahura and mayors across the state have a message for the Indiana General Assembly — trust us.
INDIANAPOLIS | A new state law that took effect Sunday signals the end of Northwest Indiana's tradition of nepotism in local government jobs.
INDIANAPOLIS | Counties, cities and towns could seek permission to bust the state's property tax caps under a local government reform plan proposed Tuesday by Lt. Gov. Becky Skillman.
CALUMET CITY | The officials who steer the various parts of Calumet City government may get pay raises of between 2 and 4 percent.
EAST CHICAGO | The city is looking to standardize zoning and planning fees for the first time in its 118-year history.
Follow The Times
We offer custom shower doors for your bathroom!
We have been boarding our 2 dogs at Dutch Pet …
We offer free refractive evaluations for patients interested in LASIK or implantable contact lenses.
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am