Civil War Wreaths
A blue ribbon Christmas wreath adorns Crown Point Col. John Wheeler's gravestone Saturday afternoon in Historic Maplewood Cemetery. Wheeler, who commanded the 20th Indiana Infantry during the Civil War, died at the Battle of Gettysburg.
Christmas wreaths line the Civil War memorial walkway Saturday at Historic Maplewood Cemetery in Crown Point. The walkway has been constructed over the past two years in honor of the war's 150th anniversary.
Candace Ziese, of Crown Point, places a Christmas wreath at the grave of Civil War Sgt. William Foster, who died of typhoid fever in early 1863. Foster and several other Civil War veterans at Crown Point's Historic Maplewood Cemetery and Merrillville Cemetery were honored Saturday with wreat…
Volunteers walk through Historic Maplewood Cemetery in Crown Point on Saturday laying Christmas wreaths on the gravestones of Civil War veterans.
Follow The Times
Jack & Vernon's Septic Service is here for all your septic…
Come see us at Lucky Kat Tat today!
PLH Financial is locally owned and family operated.
Visit www.myeasyclean.com/socialcircle.html for details.
Dr. David M. Smith has 25 years of experience!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm