CHICAGO | Advocates of same-sex marriage in Illinois turned up the pressure on state lawmakers Thursday as a group of black Chicago-area clergy members cast their support, calling it a bold step forward for equality — even in the face of potential backlash from colleagues and congregants.
The Rev. David T. Tyson, a Gary native, will complete his service as provincial superior of the Congregation of Holy Cross, U.S. Province of Priests and Brothers, at the end of the Provincial Chapter on June 22.
CROWN POINT | A group of priests, ministers and pastors of all faiths came together for lunch at a funeral home.
Follow The Times
- 1 Region doctor, children killed in I-65 crash
- 2 Feds: Lake Station mayor gambled away campaign, food pantry cash
- 3 Babysitter admits to beating 4-year-old boy
- 4 Suburban man shot in home invasion after win at Horseshoe casino
- 5 Lake Station mayor, wife, stepdaughter plead not guilty to corruption charges
Visit techcu.org for details.
Need extra cash fast? We offer loans on your Jewelry with no credit checks, no bankers, no questions regarding your income, assets, or current job status!
If you are facing difficulty meeting your personal obligations…
Should Indiana switch to open primary elections?